- Please do not question or argue with me. Just listen. I need time to process.
- I will write requests for things I need done that are causing me anxiety/stress rather than speak them as it is easier for me write at this point. Please read them and do them, if possible.
- Explain to me what you plan to do next so I know and don't feel out of control. I literally feel like my world is spinning out of control when I am in this state. I need things to be as predictable as possible.
- I do not need you to argue with me and justify yourself. I need things to go smoothly so I don't feel out of control.
- Please listen to me and take me seriously. This is a scary time for me. I need lots of reassurance. I need you to be caring and empathetic with me while I am in this state.
Monday, 2 June 2014
I found a list I wrote for Atrus last year explaining what I needed him to do in order to support me through a meltdown or when I was feeling anxious, and stressed.